Monday, November 28, 2011

Listerine Oral Care Challenge Post 1


Despite a parents best efforts, studies show that 50% of children will have a cavity between the ages of 5 and 9.  Getting your children involved and keeping them interested in a good oral care routine proves challenging for most households.  There are many ways to keep our kids attention.  Reward their healthy behavior (with healthy rewards, of course).  Make a fun game out of brushing, rinsing, or flossing.  Set n example and show them you take out to practice good oral care, they might just imitate you.  Let your child(ren) choose the toothbrush design and toothpaste flavor from the parent approved brands.


Almost 75% of adults suffer from some form of gum disease and don't even know it.







Our family has decided to the Listerine Oral Care Challenge..well actually I decided to accept the challenge and challenge my family.  While we all have pretty good oral hygiene, there is always room for improvement. My kids love to brush there teeth.  They brush at least the recommended 60 seconds.  But when it comes to mouthwash rinse, they could stand to rinse a little more.  And flossing? Forget it.  Hubby and myself have almost the same faults but we do floss occasionally.  


I am hoping by taking this challenge, it will push the whole family to improve our oral health.  Mom Central and Listerine has generously supplied us with the products needed to get set on the right track to accomplish our goals in this challenge.  (I will get more detailed about the products in my next post).  Our ultimate goal is to continue the proper brushing while rinsing longer and flossing regularly.


This is my first post of two.  After challenging my family, I will post again and tell you how things went and more about the products.




Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Listerine and received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, best of luck to you and your family. This is a great challenge you took. You know, I found a very interesting post somewhere in squidoo, they wrote about a brush which has inbuilt music (various popular songs like a Hanna Montana song) which goes on for two minutes. The peruse is to make the children brush for the whole two minutes (at least for the song). You have taken a great initiative to protect you family’s dental health.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...