Thursday, May 31, 2012

Skillet Black Pepper & Fennel Bacon Spread




Skillet Black Pepper & Fennel Bacon Spread was something new to me when I agreed to review it.  I was very hesitant to open it because it did not look appetizing at all.  I opened it anyways and am so glad I did.  This is a spread/sauce that adds a little zip to your food.  When I first opened it it almost smelled like a jerky cure.  I tasted it by touching my finger to it and trying it plain.  Not bad but had to try it paired with some kind of food.  So I logged onto http://www.skilletstreetfood.com/ and scanned through their recipes.  I decided to go simple at first and chose to make pastry wrapped little smokies with bacon jam. 


 Here is that recipe:



pastry wrapped little smokies with bacon jam

Serves: 6
Puff Pastry Piggies
1 pkg cocktail weiners
1 pkg frozen puff pastry dough
40 g / 2.5 Tb black pepper bacon jam
brown mustard

Instructions
First, lay out your puff pastry dough. You don’t even have to wait for it to thaw – just break it into the three pieces as it’s folded. Once it’s thawed a bit, cut it into about 1″ strips with a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
Put a line of bacon jam on one of the strips and wrap around the weiner. Place on a baking sheet and bake according to the package directions of the puff pastry dough box.
serve with sweet hot mustard...
It was quite tasty.   Here is the companies description of their spread:
A savory alternative is found in our Fennel & Black Pepper Bacon Spread. The aromatic kick of black pepper and fennel adds a flavorful boost to any recipe you desire. Slather it onto a cranberry turkey sandwich or dollop a spoonful into your favorite baked vegetables. Any way you slice it, everything is betterwith bacon!

Website: www.skilletbaconjam.com
Inquiries: eat@skilletstreetfood.com

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...