I was honored to be able to recently be the hostess of a " LeapFrog sponsored Magic Touch Rock'n Learn Party". The real hosts of this Rockin' Party were "D", my 5 year old and "L", my 3 year old. They helped fill out invites,
make the snacks and created this party to share with their friends.
We served PB and Jammin' Sandwiches* (which, by the way were so good), Wild Wheel Pasta Salad*, Touch of Magic Mix* and Jammin' Juice*. We played games, had free play, and had a ton of fun!
We made a few shoe box guitars and Touch Magic Tambourines, so that when we had free play the ones that weren't playing with the Rockin' Guitars and the Learning Bus weren't bored.
The Rockin' Guitars were not too loud. They are the perfect kid size which makes them super fun and helps engage the kids in creative play. The build learning skills such as music and creativity, music role play, social play, and motor skills, all while the tot rocks out! These little guitars are designed for ages 3 and up and retails for $24.99.
The Learning Bus also isn't too loud and are the perfect size for little hands. It teaches the Alphabet and can be played with by using letters and sounds and also a small keyboard. The skills built during play with the Learning Bus are letter and sound recognition, early vocabulary, animals and instruments, creative music play. They are designed for ages 2 and up and also retail for $24.99.
Enter the Touch Magic Rockin' Guitar Contest!
Share How Your Child Rocks to Learn.
1. Submit Video: Submit a video of your kid jamming with the Touch Magic Rockin' Guitar or a homemade guitar.
2. Share Video: Promote your video by sharing it with friends and family to view and vote.
3. Grand Prize: The 5 videos with the highest number of consumer votes and LeapFrog panel votes can each win a $500 gift card.
Starting August 1st, visit http://touchmagic.leapfrog.com for more detailed contest information and contest rules.
• 1 14 oz. box wagon wheel pasta
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1 container cherry tomatoes
• ½ cup Italian dressing
• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to directions on box, drain and set aside.
2. Chop broccoli and tomatoes into small bite size pieces.
3. Once the pasta has cooled to room temperature, gently mix in all ingredients.
4. Stir in dressing and cheese. Chill until ready to serve.
Touch Magic™ Mix
• 5 cups cereal (Chex or Cheerios cereal always work great with this recipe)
• 1 1/2 cups pretzels
• 1 cup mixed nuts (or sunflower seeds if anyone has a nut allergy)
• 1 cup raisins
• 1 cup chocolate chips or M&M candies
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
2. Serve with small paper cups, so that guests can scoop out a handful while on the run to the next activity!
PB and Jammin Sandwiches- A hot twist on a classic favorite!
• 8 slices of bread
• ½ cup peanut butter
• ½ cup jelly
1. Spread peanut butter on four slices of bread and jelly on the other four slices.
2. Top each jelly slice with a peanut butter side.
3. Lightly butter each exposed side of the bread and place the sandwich in a heated pan.
4. Cook each side until it is heated through.
• 6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
• 2 liters ginger ale
• 1 small container, green sherbet
1. In a large punch bowl, combine frozen lemonade and ginger ale, mixing until lemonade is completely dissolved.
2. Scoop green sorbet on top of mix.
Disclosure: I received free LeapFrog products in order to host the LeapFrog sponsored Rock'n Learn Party. The opinions expressed here are my own.