Friday, August 17, 2012

MaxExtract60 Carpet Cleaner



We loved using our MaxExtract60 Carpet Cleaner.  In a household with 5 children (and occasionally their friends) carpet messes will happen.  A spill here and an "oops" there.  I've tried everything to get that professionally cleaned look for my carpets.  Since we live in a townhouse, the carpet is not allowed to be changed, meaning we are stuck with what they gave us.  I so want new carpets, these ones are terribly hard to clean and get to stay clean.  I've tried pre-treating and scrubbing with a lower end scrubber, hand scrubbing, spot lifting.  The only thing that seemed to work was professional cleaning, but who can afford that every three months?  Not I. 

I'll be honest when I got this Carpet Cleaner my expectations were low.  After many failed methods and rug scrubbers and carpet cleaners, you would have low expectations too.  So I took the Cleaner out of the box and noticed some assembly was required.  I grabbed my Philips head screw driver and went at it...easy peazy!  Within minutes I was ready  to fill my Carpet Cleaner.  I removed the canister and opened the cleaner compartment first and filled it to the line with cleaner solution and then to the second line with water.  It took more solution then I would have liked.  Filled the second compartment with water and snapped the tank back into place.  A nice thing about the MaxExtract60 Carpet Cleaner is there are separate compartments for the solution and cleaner water.  This means the carpet will get a deep clean of both a wash and rinse.  This leaves little, if any, soap solutions in your carpets.  I think soap residue actually attracts dirt.  Another thing I should add about the Max Extract 60, is that it was easy to push and maneuver.  

Right beside the tank you will find a bright red button.  This turns the unit on and off and the handle lays back like a regular vacuum, in the same fashion, by step pressing the button on the lower back left  portion of the unit.  On the handle you have a dial, switch the dial to "wash".  Press the button and make a forward and then back strip onto your carpet...no need to pre-treat because this lays a strip of solution into the carpet.  No need to scrub hard either because the spin brushes work to lift the dirt up and out.  Then switch the unit to rinse and repeat the strips and remove the dirty water.  As it rinses it heats up, the directions say this is forced hot air.  Whatever this heating process is, it speeds the drying time for sure.

There is a nice handy upholstery attachment that comes with a super long hose.  This is great for getting the couch, chair, stairs, and anything else the big unit can’t get to.  It works the same way the floor cleaner does, but it’s handheld.  I liked to use this part for the stained area when the floor unit wouldn’t lift them.   It even got cherry kool-aid, a part that really impressed me.  I used the attachment to get a spot on my couch left by a sippy cup.  The couch material came clean but didn’t have that stiff feeling left by some scrubbing methods.

The dirty water tank is easy to clean also because it comes apart and snaps back together.  This means all those old nooks in crannies you couldn't get clean in your old scrubber are now a breeze in this new one.  Just pull apart, rinse thoroughly and snap together.

Overall I am very please with my MaxExtract60 Carpet Cleaner and don’t plan on swapping it for a new one any time in the foreseeable future.  It gets the job done and quickly, too.  If you are looking for to get a deep clean for your carpets, I suggest giving this one a try.  You will find yourself scrubbing your carpets less.  At least I have.



Product Page: http://hoover.com/products/details/fh50220/max-extract-60-pressure-pro-carpet-deep-cleaner/


Disclosure: I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.
I selected this post to be featured on Top Mommy Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...