Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil




Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil can be a healthy, organic alternative to using regular oil and margarine in your recipes.    It is said to have several health benefits and it has an unusual taste compared to the regular oils.  I used mine to fry some popcorn shrimp to see how it would affect the color, crispness and flavor.  I didn't like the smell of the coconut oil as it heated up and while frying with it.  It almost smelled like a strong coconut shampoo that you couldn't rinse out.  It gave my popcorn shrimp a beautiful golden appearance and it was very crisp but not dried out.  The flavor was different than regular oil but in a good way.  It gave it a good flavor.



There are several other recipes you can make with Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil?  Have you made one?  What will you make, or would like to make?  They have recipe ideas on their site.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love coconut oil! I use Tropical Traditions CO everyday! I just received a package from them today with the cocoa powder I ordered last week. I mix the cocoa or baking chocolate and coconut shreds into the CO to make a chocolate treat.
    I don't use vegetable oil, only butter or coconut oil or palm shortening (also from TT haha)

    No, I am not affiliated with TT in any way, shape or form! Just a coconut oil lover here.

    I love coconut oil for frying....eggs are one of my favorites!

    You are right there are a ton of recipes...I recommend the coconut pancakes using coconut flour!

    Ok, I'll stop now. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your comment. You didn't have to stop...you could have continued. In fact, I would love it, if you wanted to, share a recipe with us that you have used this Coconut Oil with. I am always looking for new things to try.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...